If you want to be the picture of health, you have to take care of your mind as well as your body. So, here are a few questions to ask yourself, courtesy of Bottom Line Personal:
"Does my job give meaning to my life?"
- Next: "Do I express my anger appropriately?" Holding your anger in also suppresses your immune system, so don't do it! But remember expressing your anger in a healthy way doesn't mean you should go around blowing your top over the slightest thing. It means speaking up when it's appropriate, and keeping a level head.
- Another question that'll help you figure out if you're emotionally healthy? "Do I ask for help when I need it?" Doing everything on your own will wear down your body and your mind. So, when people offer to do something for you, don't be so quick to turn them away. And if they don't offer ASK.
- And finally: "Am I able to say NO?" When you consistently agree to do things you don't want to do, it raises your levels of stress hormones. This not only exhausts your body, but can cause you to pack on the pounds. So only say yes if the activity FEELS right. For example, instead of asking yourself, "Do I want to go out to dinner with those friends?" imagine how you'd FEEL doing it. If you'd rather be somewhere else, don't agree to go.
So to recap: If you wanna stay healthy:
- Get a job that adds meaning to your life
- Express your anger appropriately
- Ask for help when you need it
- And learn to say NO
Your body and your mind will thank you!